2016-2018 Strategic Plan
Click to download the PDF- Strategic Plan 2016-2018
- Use available revenues to maintain and expand Town services based upon community need.
- Maintain sufficient reserves in all funds.
- Diversify revenue sources.
- Evaluate fee structure.
- Maintain Town infrastructure and facilities.
- Employ established, effective methods of long-range revenue and expenditure forecasting.
- Employ cost-containment and cost–control measures, including program prioritization and performance measurement, to prevent expenditures from exceeding revenues (e.g. ensuring that the Capital Fund is able to address future community needs).II. Provide a safe and secure community.
II. We Serve and Protect – Provide a safe and secure community
- Coordinate with other government agencies to ensure optimal disaster and emergency preparedness, specifically wildfire mitigation.
Maintain safety in public gathering places.
- Keep Town facilities secure.
- Ensure citizen safety throughout the Town with a focus on safe access to schools.
- Promote positive community relations and customer service to improve relationships, trust, and foster confidence in our Police Department’s mission to protect and serve.
- Improve pedestrian, bicyclists and vehicle safety throughout Frisco.
III. We Have Pride – Pursue a balanced and sustainable local economy
- Actively work to develop communication with the business community to maximize economic opportunities.
- Strengthen and diversify the retail base to increase sales tax revenues.
- Maintain an integrated marketing plan for the Frisco Adventure Park, Frisco Bay Marina, Frisco Nordic Center and Frisco Main Street for the purpose of generating revenue.
- Increase the number of workforce, family friendly and attainable housing units in Frisco.
- Maintain a leadership role in the local and regional issues of transportation, water quality, housing and healthcare.
IV. We Have Bright Ideas – Promote sustainable environmental policies and practices
- Preserve and restore existing open space and wetlands.
- Implement and incentivize environmental stewardship and update sustainability plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Develop solid waste reduction targets and plan (e.g., construction, restaurant, residential, and large retail waste reduction, and single use plastic bags).
- Update and implementation of a town-wide reforestation plan.
- Participate in regional efforts to consider more efficient recycling services and waste management.
V. We Play – Enhance community amenities
- Ensure Town infrastructure and facilities are well-designed and well-maintained.
- Update and implement a year-round Peninsula Recreation Area Plan and maintaining a working relationship with the US Forest Service).
- Update and implement the Marina Master Plan.
- Continue to explore opportunities for diverse recreational facilities and activities.
- Design and complete Frisco Trails Plan.
VI. We Listen – Foster proactive community involvement and communication
- Proactively utilize public input on specific issues through the use of ad-hoc committees, social media and other technologies.
- Improve information dissemination to our citizens (e.g., utilize technology to provide easy and accessible access to governmental information).
- Partner with the community to foster involvement, communication and volunteerism.
- Update Community Plan to focus on community values.
- Encourage and regulate smart growth to maintain Frisco’s community character.