I. Assure a financially sound Town government.
- Use available revenues to maintain and expand Town services based upon community need.
- Maintain sufficient reserves in all funds.
- Diversify revenue sources.
- Maintain Town infrastructure and facilities.
- Employ established, effective methods of long-range revenue and expenditure forecasting.
- Employ cost-containment and cost-control measures, including program prioritization and performance measurement, to prevent expenditures from exceeding revenues (e.g. ensuring that the Capital Fund is able to address future community needs).
II. Provide a safe and secure community.
- Coordinate with other government agencies to ensure optimal disaster and emergency preparedness, specifically wildfire mitigation.
- Maintain safety in public gathering places.
- Keep Town facilities secure.
- Ensure citizen safety throughout the town.
- Promote positive community relations and customer service to improve relationships, trust, and foster confidence in our Police Department’s mission to protect and serve.
III. Pursue a balanced and sustainable local economy.
- Actively work to develop communication with the business community to maximize economic opportunities.
- Strengthen and diversify the retail base to increase sales tax receipts.
- Attract new, targeted businesses (e.g., ancillary hospital businesses).
- Determine a use for the Interstate Parcel.
- Develop a Main Street Revitalization plan.
- Implementation of the Town Owned Parcel Plan, specifically Peak One Parcel.
- Increase the number of affordable housing units in Frisco.
- Maintain a leadership role in the local and regional issues of transportation and I-70.
IV. Promote sustainable environmental policies and practices.
- Preserve existing open space and wetlands.
- Implement environmental stewardship and sustainability plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Develop solid waste reduction targets and plan (e.g., construction, restaurant, residential, and large retail waste reduction).
- Update and expand stormwater drainage system to reduce non-point source pollution into Dillon Reservoir.
- Develop and begin implementation of a town-wide reforestation plan.
V. Enhance community amenities.
- Ensure Town infrastructure and facilities are well-designed and well-maintained.
- Implement Peninsula Recreation Area Plan.
- Implement Marina Master Plan.
- Continue to explore opportunities for recreational facilities and activities and active park space.
- Complete development and begin implementation of the Ten-Mile Creek pathway plan.
VI. Foster proactive community involvement and communication.
- Proactively utilize public input on specific issues through the use of ad-hoc committees.
- Explore alternatives to increase citizen participation in the budget process.
- Improve information dissemination to our citizens (e.g., utilize technology to provide easy and accessible access to governmental information).
- Partner with private sector groups to foster community involvement and communication.