Frisco Ups Fire Ban to Stage 2 Restrictions
On Tuesday night the Town Council and Town Manager approved an emergency ordinance to initiate a Stage 2 fire ban in the Town of Frisco. Due to the dry conditions and current fire danger throughout the state the council felt that it was important to enforce stricter parameters for the public.
The Town would like to note that this ban has implications for all contractor trades, including but not limited to, plumbers and tree cutting services with regards to nail guns, chainsaws, torches, welding equipment and any other tools that have the potential of causing a spark. Proper safety precautions including five (5) gallon containers of water and 2A10BC fire extinguishers must be immediately available.
Please note that a stage 2 fire ban is now in effect with the following restrictions:
PUBLIC NOTICE: TOWN OF FRISCO STAGE 2 OPEN FIRE AND FIREWORKS BAN IN EFFECT PURSUANT TO SECTION 127-11 OF THE CODE OF THE TOWN OF FRISCO
At any time during which a Stage 2 notice is posted it shall be unlawful to:
1. Build, maintain, attend or use any outdoor fire, including but not limited to a campfire, or a fire in a charcoal grill, coal or wood burning stove including, without limitation, the use of any such fire, grill or stove within developed camping, picnic grounds or back yard area. This includes chimineas, and outdoor fire pits and fire bowls;
2. Dispose of any burning object outdoors, including without limitation, any cigarette, marijuana, cigar or match;
3. Use or sell any fireworks, or to use any explosive requiring a fuse or blasting cap, including without limitation any rocket or exploding target;
4. Operate a chainsaw without an approved spark arrestor, five (5) gallons of water, a “2A10BC” classified dry chemical fire extinguisher, and a round point shovel with an overall length of at least 36 inches at hand and ready use; purposes of this subsection, “at hand and ready use” shall mean, with respect to the fire extinguisher, that the fire extinguisher is immediately available to the chainsaw operator at all times and, with respect to the water and shovel, that such items are readily accessible by the operator and may be obtained by the operator and brought to the site of operation within one minute;
5. Weld or operate an acetylene or other torch with an open flame outdoors; or
6. Inflate or propel a hot air balloon.
The prohibition on fires that is set forth in this Stage 2 ban shall not include fires contained within a liquid fueled or gas-fueled stove, or a fireplace contained within a fully enclosed building. The prohibition on fireworks that is set forth shall not include commercial, professional and municipal fireworks displays that have received specific written approval from the Summit County Sheriff.
For more information on the Stage 2 fire ban please call Town Hall at (970) 668-5276. Thank you.