Town of Frisco Seeking RFP’s for Well #7 PRA Improvements
WELL #7 PRA IMPROVEMENTS
Sealed Bids for Well #7 PRA Improvements will be received by the Town of Frisco, from 8:00 am-4:00 pm Monday-Friday at Frisco Public Works located at 0102 School Road, Frisco, CO 80443, until 2:00 pm local time on Wednesday, April 26, 2017. Bids received after this time will not be accepted.
All Bids that have been duly received will be opened publicly and read aloud. All interested parties are invited to attend. The Owner reserves the right to reject any or all Bids and to waive irregularities or informalities in any bid, and all Bidders shall agree that such rejection shall be without liability on the part of the Owner for any damage or claim brought by any Bidder because of such rejection, nor shall the Bidders seek any recourse of any kind against the Owner because of such rejections. No bid may be withdrawn within a period of 60 days. The filing of any Bid in response to this initiation shall constitute an agreement of the Bidder to these conditions.
Bids will be received for a single prime Contract. Bids will be received on a lump sum basis as indicated in the Bid Form. The Work is generally described as follows:
The Work consists of improvements to the Owner’s existing Well 7PRA at the location shown on the Contract Drawings. The improvements will allow the current Well 7 PRA’s groundwater source to be integrated as a new source into the Owner’s existing potable water distribution system. The Work generally includes the furnishing of labor, materials, and equipment for the following improvements as described below and as indicated on the Contract Drawings; including, but not limited to:
- Retrofit of an existing wellhead with a new 75 horsepower vertical turbine line shaft pump lift, pressurize, convey the groundwater into the existing distribution system.
- Construction of new 395 square foot masonry block well house with a pump room and a chemical room. The well room consists of 258 square feet of interior floor space; the chemical room consists of 40 square feet of interior floor space.
- Construction of a masonry screen wall with canopy system for protection of a packages generator (emergency power) system.
- Installation of process piping and equipment to convey and treat the water with sodium hypochlorite prior to introduction into the existing distribution system.
- Installation of a 15,000 gallon, buried, pressurized carbon steel vessel with necessary piping, valves, and appurtenances.
- Constructing miscellaneous site improvements including site utilities, emergency power systems, final site grading, site piping, process piping, valves, instrumentation, controls, and electrical work. Also includes select demolition, salvage or abandonment of existing facilities, valves and piping, etc.
Bid Documents may be obtained from the Issuing Office: FEI Engineers, Attn: Heather Harris, Heather.Harris@feiengineers.com, (970) 247-0724. Hard copies may be obtained upon a non-refundable deposit of $200.00 for one set of bidding documents consisting of one copy of the Project Manual and one set of 11”x17” Drawings. The shipping charge will depend on the method selected by the Bidder. Bidding documents in PDF format may be obtained at no expense via email request to Heather.Harris@feiengineers.com; however, the Bidder is responsible for scalability of the drawings.
The date that the Bidding Documents are transmitted by the Issuing Office will be considered the Bidder’s date of receipt of the Bidding Documents. Partial sets of Bidding Documents will not be available from the Issuing Office. Neither Owner nor Engineer will be responsible for full or partial sets of Bidding Documents, including Addenda if any, obtained from sources other than the Issuing Office.
A large part of the communication regarding this procurement will be conducted by e-mail and Bidders must have a valid e-mail address to receive these correspondence.
A mandatory pre-bid conference will be held at 2:00 pm local time on April 12, 2017 at Town of Frisco 1st and Main Building, 104 Main Street, Frisco, CO 80443.
Bids shall include Bid security in the form of a certified or bank cashier’s check or a Bid Bond in the amount of 5% of total Bid price. The Bidder to whom a Contract is awarded will be required to furnish Performance, Payment and Warranty Bonds.
Owner: Town of Frisco
By: Gary Wilkinson
Date: March 29, 2017
The Town of Frisco does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in the provision of services. For the disabled persons needing reasonable accommodations to attend or participate in a town service, program or activity, call (970) 668-0836 x1310 as far in advance as possible. Disabled access is available at the Public Works building.