Before noon on Tuesday, June 12, 2018, crews responded to a fire on Buffalo Mountain near the Wildernest and Mesa Cortina neighborhoods. As of 1:46pm on Tuesday, June 12, the fire is 91 acres in size.
- Silverthorne Recreation Center at 430 Rainbow Drive in Silverthorne is now the official evacuation center.
- There is an order NOT to fly drones over the fire.
- Responding agencies include: Summit Fire & EMS, Summit County Sheriff’s Office, Silverthorne PD, Dillon PD, White River National Forest, Frisco PD, Red White and Blue Fire, Breckenridge PD, Summit County Ambulance Service, Summit County Animal Control, Summit County Office of Emergency Management.
- The following trails have been closed:
– North Tenmile
– Meadow Creek
– Salt Lick
– Buffalo Mountain
– Lilly Pad Lake
– Mesa Cortina
– Willow Brook
– Gore Trail at Red Buffalo Pass
- Stage 1 Fire Restrictions are in effect, per the Town of Frisco pursuant to section 127-11 of the code of the Town of Frisco on June 12, 2018 at 2:00pm and per resolution by the Summit County Board of County Commissioners, Tuesday, June 12. The resolution was scheduled on the board’s Tuesday regular meeting agenda prior to the report of the fire.