CDOT and stakeholder partners to host Open House this week on CO 9 Frisco Main Street to Iron Springs “GAP” project to be highlighted.
SUMMIT COUNTY – The Colorado Department of Transportation and stakeholder partners, Summit County, Town of Frisco and Stolfus will host an open house to discuss the next steps for the CO 9 Frisco Main Street to Iron Springs “GAP” project:
When: Thursday, May 24, 5:00-7:00 p.m.
Where: Frisco Adventure Park Day Lodge, 621 Recreation Way, Frisco
This is the final project on the Colorado Highway 9 corridor between Breckenridge and I-70. The design is currently at approximately 40% and is scheduled to be 80% complete by October 2018. Once funding is identified, the earliest construction could start would be late summer of 2020. The proposed design will widen a 1.3-mile stretch of CO 9 between Frisco’s Main St. and the recently completed Iron Springs project.
– Provide two lanes in each direction connecting Summit Blvd to the Iron Springs project.
– Build sidewalk between Main St. and the County Commons.
– Install a pedestrian underpass under CO 9 between the Peninsula Recreation Area and the Summit Stage bus stop near the Summit County Library.
– Improve the 8th Ave intersection by constructing a roundabout that will allow better local access to the north.
– Rebuild the Main St. intersection, so the sweeping southbound right turn lane can be reconstructed closer to the intersection. This will slow traffic prior to reaching 7th Ave. and allow a crosswalk to be installed across the Main St. leg of the intersection.
– The Water Dance Dr. /Peak One Blvd intersection could either be a roundabout or a signalized intersection. The design for both options will continue to be developed to determine impacts and cost. The roundabout is the more expensive option, and construction costs must be identified to determine if it can be built within the project budget.
For more details about the open house or the project, please contact CDOT Project Engineer, Scott Harris via e:mail at email@example.com
To view additional information about the CO 9 corridor please visit: https://www.codot.gov/projects/archived-project-sites/hwy9f2b/overview.html