The Town of Frisco has launched ParkSmartFrisco to support a thriving Main Street by extending parking limits and encouraging consistent turnover of the available parking spaces for those doing business or visiting Frisco Main Street. Parking on Frisco Main Street has now been extended from a maximum of two hours to three hours. In order to ensure that parking is available for customers on Main Street, the Frisco Police Department will be enforcing the three hour parking limits using efficient new parking software and a team of community service officers.
- The three hour parking limit will be enforced by the Frisco Police Department starting on November 1, 2019 with warnings being issued starting on October 1, 2019.
- Parking limits will be enforced seven days a week from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on the seven blocks of Frisco Main Street from Madison Avenue to 7th Avenue.
- Parking is prohibited in the core of town, including the seven blocks of Frisco Main Street from Madison Avenue to 7th Avenue, from 2:00 am – 6:00 am due to maintenance and snow removal needs. All other areas do not allow parking on town streets from 12:00 am- 6:00 am.
How can Employees ParkSmartFrisco?
- There are no parking limits on side avenues, and parking is allowed there all day from 6:00 am – 2:00 am. Parking is prohibited from 2:00 am – 6:00 am on avenues in the core of town.
- Overnight parking and all day employee parking lots are available at three locations in Frisco. Camping and sleeping in vehicles are not allowed in these lots.
- Granite/3rd Lot Parking Lot- dirt lot located at the southwest corner of 3rd Avenue and Granite Street
- Marina/Summit Lot- dirt lot on the corner of Summit Boulevard and Marina Road
- West Main Street “Kayak” Parking Lot on the west end of Frisco Main Street next to I70 Exit 201
Evaluating parking and enforcement strategies to support a thriving economy is a priority in Frisco Town Council’s strategic plan for 2019-20. Frisco Town Council is implementing the FriscoParkSmart strategy in response to feedback from Main Street businesses who want to encourage more economic growth by making parking more readily available to customers.
More information regarding ParkSmartFrisco may be found at ParkSmartFrisco.com.