In January 2023, Frisco Town Council adopted the Frisco Five-Year Arts and Culture Strategic Plan and the creation of a seven member Frisco Arts and Culture Council (FACC), which was recommended by the Arts and Culture Strategic Plan.
The FACC is intended to bring together a group of people with divergent experiences and specialties, including creatives; historians; arts administrators; not-for-profit managers; business owners; residents-at-large; advocates for the role of the arts in the local economy; and advocates for a vibrant Frisco that embraces its art and culture character. The FACC members should be prepared to provide vision, leadership, open mindedness, creativity, curiosity, a cooperative and inclusive mindset, and active participation in implementing Frisco’s Arts and Culture Strategic Plan.
FACC Council Members, Process, and Roles
- There will be seven FACC members appointed by Town Council.
- At least, five FACC members shall be residents of the Town of Frisco or owners of a business with a valid business license with the Town of Frisco. Two members of FACC may be appointed without regard to their status as residents or business owners in Frisco.
- FACC members shall serve three year terms but the terms of each of the initial members of the FACC shall be staggered as follows in order to ensure that no more than three members’ terms expire in any one year, and to ensure ample opportunity for diverse individuals to serve as a member of the FACC: initially three members shall be appointed for a term of three years, two members shall be appointed to serve a term of two years, and two members shall be appointed to serve for one year.
- The Town of Frisco anticipates that the FACC will meet at least once monthly for two hours.
- The Town of Frisco staff, in consultation with the FACC, should be empowered to make decisions regarding public art acquisitions within the proposed yearly budget, which is $75,000 in 2023.
- The FACC will be supported by two Town staff members who will act as resources and conduits between the FACC, other Town staff, and Town Council.
Applying to be on the FACC
- FACC members will be selected and appointed by Frisco Town Council through an application and interview process.
- Applications for the inaugural FACC will be accepted through 4:00pm on March 23, 2023.