The COVID-19 Innovation Grant program is generously funded by Summit County Government and administered by the Summit Chamber of Commerce. The program has $100,000 to administer and small businesses may request up to $5000 to help adapt to immediate, short-term challenges created by COVID-19 restrictions, and help businesses continue to operate through the pandemic.
- Grant dollars may not be used for past expenses.
- All grant dollars must be spent by June 1, 2021 and businesses will be asked to provide documentation of dollars spent.
Innovation is the creation, development and implementation of a new product, process or service, with the goal of operating successfully within the COVID environment. This grant is available to help businesses implement or exceed state and local prevention guidelines. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing heaters for new or expanded outdoor dining and retail or
- Implementation of a computer software to move to online purchases and to-go ordering.
Applications will open on Wednesday, December 16, 2020 and will close on Wednesday, December 30, 2020.
- Your business must have a physical location in Summit County.
- Your business must show a negative financial impact as a result of COVID.
- Demonstrate how the business plans to use the grant funds to adapt to new COVID-19 restrictions.
- Demonstrate how the business plans to use the grant funds to help slow the spread of the virus.
- Summary of 2019 revenues versus 2020 revenues
- Estimate of project expenses
- Copy of current Business License
*This program is open to all eligible businesses within Summit County, not just those in Unincorporated Summit CountyApply Here Summit County Chamber of Commerce
Please visit our Strategic Economic Response page for more COVID-19 resources for businesses and individuals.