Starting on June 30, traffic on the Colorado Highway 9 widening project near Frisco will be realigned to a single-lane temporary roundabout at the intersection of Water Dance Drive and Peak One Blvd. The roundabout will replace the traffic signal currently at the intersection to provide better traffic flow, and will remain in place for the majority of the 2020 construction season. The temporary roundabout will be replaced with a permanent, final roundabout towards the end of the project, to complete the intersection.
What to Expect
- Daytime work hours range from 7:00am to 7:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Vehicles are reduced to a single lane in both directions for the duration of the 2020 construction season.
- Motorists should expect flaggers on the roadway to help guide them through the construction zone or when work is near intersections and the recreation path.
- The speed limit is reduced to 35 mph, and work zone fines are doubled.
- Motorists should plan for possible 15-minute traffic delays.
- Intersection lighting and temporary crosswalks will be installed to increase safety of the traveling public and pedestrians.