COVID -19 Information
Since first case of COVID-19 was reported in Summit County in March 2020, the Town of Frisco, our businesses, and our community have worked tirelessly to protect the health an safety of our community and to stay open. Below is a summary of what precautions are still in place when visiting our lovely town and Summit County.
Capacity and Physical Distancing
There are currently no capacity restrictions or six-foot spacing requirements for businesses, including but not limited to restaurants, retail, personal services, personal fitness, offices, transportation services, etc…
As of January 25, 2022, Summit County Public Health removed the requirement to wear face coverings in indoor public spaces due to a substantial decline in new COVID cases, and as of February 8, 2022, face masks are no longer required in Town of Frisco owned buildings.
- Per the Summit County Public Health and the Summit School District, masks continue to be required for children ages 2-11 indoors in schools, childcare centers, and in organized extracurricular activities.
- We continue to strongly encourage everyone to exercise personal responsibility to help limit the spread of the highly contagious omicron variant.
How can you help?
We continue the tough work of slowing the spread of COVID-19 so you can come here and feel safe, while still enjoying this town and our mountains. Here is how you can do your part:
- Getting vaccinated and boosted. Remember, Frisco and Summit County have visitors from all over the country and the world. Protect yourself, protect our community, and protect your home community by getting the vaccine. Boosters have been proven to increase the effectiveness of immune response to the Omicron variant.
- Avoiding social gatherings unless outside or only with people who have had a booster dose.
- Physically distancing by giving folks at least six feet of space whether inside or outside
- Staying home when you are sick – Bringing COVID, a cold, or the stomach flu to a party is just not polite. Bringing a seven-layer dip with chips is polite.
- Getting tested – The mystery and anxiety of thinking your sniffle might be COVID is just not worth it. Go get a free test for peace of mind. They don’t touch your brain and you will get the information you need to care for your health. Find out about free Summit County testing sites here.
- Following isolation and quarantine protocols.
- Continue to wash your hands and practice good personal hygiene
- Recreate responsibly – Respect other people’s space, and be mindful of the risks you choose to take when recreating outside. Please don’t add to the stress our healthcare system is already experiencing.
- Whether in Town or on a trail, continue to show kindness in every action. We’ve all been through a lot.
Summit County Government COVID-19 Information
The Town of Frisco supports and follows Summit County Public Health orders and recommendations. For the latest information on case numbers, testing, vaccination, and resources, please visit the Summit County Government website.