In January 2022, Frisco Town Council approved a child care tuition assistance program to support families who live and/or work within the Ten Mile Basin. At that time, the Town of Breckenridge reaffirmed their interest in supporting this program with their expertise and technical assistance, and the Town of Frisco’s partnership with the Town of Breckenridge was approved during the March 8, 2022 Frisco Town Council meeting through an intergovernmental agreement that established fees and responsibilities. The Town of Breckenridge brings years of experience and a proven platform to this process and will host the Frisco tuition assistance application through their Survey Monkey Apply platform starting immediately, with applications due on March 31, 2022. Any tuition assistance will apply to child care costs from May 2022 through August 2023 and will be paid directly to licensed child care providers.
Who is Eligible
This is a needs-based program open to families who:
- Live and/or work in the Ten Mile Basin, which includes the Town of Frisco and Copper Mountain, as well as unincorporated neighborhoods around Frisco including Summit Middle School, County Commons, and the St. Anthony Summit Hospital campus.
- Earn less than 150% of the local AMI (Area Median Income)
- Have household assets that do not exceed $225k (excludes a primary residence, college funds, and retirement funds)
- Have children (ages birth through four-years-old in the year before they enter kindergarten), who attend a licensed child care provider
- If you have a qualified change of status outside of the regular enrollment period after March 31, 2022 (such as move to the area, new baby, change in work status, etc.); anyone in this situation is asked to email with questions to see if their family is eligible to apply out of application cycle
How to Apply
The Frisco Child Care Tuition Assistance application and more information about the program are available at Frisco-ChildCare.com. As the Town of Breckenridge is administering the Town of Frisco Child Care Tuition Assistance Program application process, applicants should anticipate that they may receive correspondence that has a Town of Breckenridge logo and/or a Town of Breckenridge email address listed.
Applicants are encouraged to start filling out their application one to two weeks prior to the deadline on March 31, 2022 in order to have enough time to gather the required documents. Applications may take from 30 minutes to two hours to complete.
Frisco Town Council Strategic Goals and Priorities
The decision to fund child care tuition assistance supports Frisco Town Council’s goals to have an inclusive community and thriving economy by increasing access to quality child care for working households, allowing residents to work in the community with the knowledge that their children have safe and reliable childcare.