The Town of Frisco is seeking Town of Frisco residents who are interested in serving the community as a Planning Commissioner. The Frisco Planning Commission is a seven-member board appointed by the Frisco Town Council. Due to the recent departure of Planning Commissioner Patrick Gleason who is moving away from Summit County, there is one vacancy on the Frisco Planning Commission. This Planning Commissioner term will be through April 2026, as this is the end of Gleason’s term.
Planning Commissioners review development applications, are involved in long-range planning, and make land use recommendations to the Frisco Town Council. The Planning Commission also has broad approval authority on commercial and multi-family development projects within Frisco.
While Planning Commission positions are volunteer and currently unpaid, commissioners do have access to free tubing passes, a Nordic Center season pass, Frisco Bay Marina perks, early bird access to youth program/camp reservations, and wash bay use.
Requirements and How to Apply
- Commissioners must reside within the Town of Frisco.
- Planning Commissioners do not need special knowledge about construction, architecture, or planning but should possess a strong interest in the community and a willingness to learn.
- Meetings are held on the first and third Thursdays of each month at 5:00pm, and candidates should be prepared to attend these meetings. Meetings will not be held if there are no agenda items.
- A candidate application is available online now and should take less than 25 minutes to complete. Candidates may also pick up an application at Frisco Town Hall by appointment. Please email Permit Technician Cheryl Mattka at CherylM@townoffrisco.com or call 970-668-2576 to arrange.
- Candidate applications must be submitted by 5:00pm on Friday, October 20, 2023.
- In person drop off: Frisco Town Hall front desk, 1 East Main Street, Frisco, CO 80443
- Mail submittal must be received by Friday, October 20, 2023: Town of Frisco Community Development Department, PO Box 4100, Frisco, CO 80443
- Via email: Cheryl Mattka at CherylM@townoffrisco.com