Sales and Lodging Tax
The Town of Frisco is a self-collecting sales tax jurisdiction. As such, Town sales tax should be remitted directly to the Town of Frisco with a Town of Frisco sales tax return form. All State, County and Special District (Summit Combined Housing Authority) sales taxes should be remitted to the State of Colorado on a state sales tax return form. The total 8.375% in sales taxes due within Town limits breaks down as follows:
- 2.9% State sales tax
- 2.0% Town sales tax to be remitted to the Town of Frisco
- 2.0% County sales tax
- 0.75% County mass transit tax (Summit Stage)
- 0.725% Special district sales tax (Summit Combined Housing Authority)
- A total of 6.375% should be remitted to the State of Colorado
- A total of 2.0% should be remitted to the Town of Frisco
In addition, the Town of Frisco levies a 2.35% lodging tax upon the rental of short-term (less than 30 days) accommodations. This brings the total tax rate on the rental of short-term accommodations to 10.725%. Town of Frisco sales and lodging taxes can be reported on the same return form for your convenience.
For homeowners considering offering their Frisco property as a vacation or short-term rental, please refer to the information provided on the short term rental page.
Sale of Business Assets
It is also important to note that the Town of Frisco and the State of Colorado levy sales tax on the “sale of business assets other than inventory.” If you are planning to sell or purchase an existing business, please be sure that the correct amount of sales tax is collected on the sale of all tangible personal property, not included in inventory, associated with the sale. These items include, but are not limited to, computers, desks, chairs, tables, mattresses, etc. Please report and remit the Town of Frisco sales tax when purchasing a business using the sale of business assets other than inventory form.
Online Sales Tax Filing
Please refer to the information provided on the short term rental page if you are filling Sales and Lodging taxes for an STR license.
Before you begin, you will need the following:
- Your Town of Frisco sales tax account number
- A PIN number unique to your sales tax account – to obtain your PIN number, please contact the Revenue Specialist directly. You will also need to verify ownership of the account when requesting a PIN. To verify ownership, please have a copy of your most recently filed sales/lodging tax return available when making your request.
- Your checking/savings account number and bank routing number
You must also have an active Xpress Bill Pay account (if you already pay your water bills online, then you have an existing account). If you already have an Xpress Bill Pay account and have obtained your PIN for business tax filing, please skip down to the “Existing Account Holder” instructions.
Please read all instructions carefully before proceeding to the online filing and payment system.
First Time Registrants
- Go to xpressbillpay.com and create an account.
- Select “Add New Bill” or click to “Add Billing Organizations Near You”: Frisco, CO.
- Select “Business Tax – Online” and enter your Town of Frisco Sales Tax Account Number and PIN.
- Select “Locate Account” – it will likely take a few moments for your account to load the first time – if your account does not appear then either your account number or PIN is incorrect.
- Select “File Taxes” – you should now see the tax filings screen.
Existing Account Holders – Log in and select “View Taxes”
- From the “Unfilled Taxes” drop down box, select the return you would like to file. All unfilled returns from prior periods will be listed. Future returns will not be listed until the end of the applicable reporting period.
- You should now see the return fill in form – USE THE TAB KEY TO NAVIGATE THROUGH THE FORM (using enter will cause the form to calculate and take you to the “Review” screen) – enter in your gross sales on line 1 and any deductions you may be claiming on lines 3A – H.
- Hit enter or select “Calculate Return” – your net taxable sales and sales tax due will be automatically calculated and you will be taken to a review screen – if you hit enter prematurely or have reviewed your return and found errors, please select “Make Changes” to return to the entry form.
- Carefully review your form for accuracy. If all information is correct, select “File and Pay” – you will receive a warning, select “OK” if you are ready to file and make a payment.
- Select “Pay Now” – Please keep in mind that any balances due from prior periods have not automatically populated on your current return. The amount showed here is based only on the information entered for the current return. If you wish to pay an additional amount based on a balance due notice from the Town of Frisco, please add the amount due to the “Item Amount” box and then select “Update Cart.”
- Enter your payment information (no credit/debit cards accepted) and be sure to select “Save This Payment Information” if you wish to return and pay for future periods – both your bank routing and account numbers must be entered twice to confirm – Select “Continue” (if you use different accounts for different businesses, you can enter several checking accounts).
- You will be provided with one more opportunity to review, select “Complete Payment” once through.
- Save your receipt as a .pdf file on your computer for your records.
- Please be sure to log out once you have completed the filing and payment process.
Once you begin the online filing process, technical questions regarding the Xpress Bill Pay website must be directed to Xpress Bill Pay technical support at 800-766-2350. For non-technical questions specifically for the Town of Frisco, please call the Revenue Specialist at 970-668-9127.
Begin the online tax filing process
Tax Return Form
The Town of Frisco will accept the State of Colorado Affidavit of Exempt Sale.