Police Records Request
How do I get a copy of a police report?
Most police reports are public information and can be obtained simply by filling out a request form. All requests for records must be submitted on a Frisco Police Department Records Request form, filled out completely, and the pecuniary statement signed per Colorado Revised Statute 24-72-305.5. If you cannot come directly to the police department, records can be obtained by mail or email. If you need a request form, contact the police department during business hours and we can mail, fax, or email one to you. You may contact us at 970-668-3579.
How to submit a form and what you need to submit
- Please fill out the Police Records Request form and save a copy for your records.
- If doing so electronically you will need to open the file with Adobe Acrobat and use the “Fill and Sign” tool to complete the necessary boxes.
- The form may be mailed (Frisco Police Department, Attn: Records Request, PO Box 4100, Frisco, CO 80443), faxed (970-668-5638), or emailed to the Frisco Police Department.
- The form must be signed; can be a typed signature if making the request using the fillable PDF form via email.
- Please also include a photocopy or photograph of the requesting party’s driver’s license along with the request form.
- Upon submitting the form, the Town of Frisco will respond within three (3) business days.
How do I obtain a background check?
If you require a statewide background check, please contact the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) at (303) 239-4300. A statewide background check can also be ordered through CBI’s website.