Recreation and Culture
The Town of Frisco Recreation and Culture Department delivers unique and exceptional experiences through sustainable, recreational, and educational opportunities, connecting the past, present and future to the community.
We are an innovative and dynamic department, taking pride in our community and helping Frisco thrive.
Here is a roundup of many of the recreational opportunities in Frisco:
- The Frisco Adventure Park offers tubing, a beginner ski and ride hill, Nordic skiing and horse drawn sleigh rides in the winter and a free bike park, free skate park, free disc golf course and miles of trails for hiking and biking in the summer. The 4,000 square foot Frisco Adventure Park Day Lodge is also an ideal spot for special events including weddings, birthdays and graduation parties.
- The Frisco Bay Marina is the ideal gateway onto Dillon Reservoir. The Reservoir spans 3,300 acres and boasts 25 miles of shoreline surrounded by majestic peaks. At 9,017 feet in elevation, the boating season is weather dependent, but typically runs from early June to early or mid September. Frisco Bay Marina, a full service marina, sits on the eastern end of Frisco’s charming Main Street and brings lake life to this quintessential mountain town with boat and paddle sport rentals, a sandy beach, mooring and slip rentals and waterside dining.
- The Frisco Historic Park & Museum preserves and promotes the Town of Frisco’s heritage and history by presenting an excellent educational museum experience to the community and its visitors, connecting the past, present and future to the world around us with compelling programs and displays.
- The Frisco Recreation Department also has a diverse offering of recreational programs. The Run the Rockies Race Series goes from June through November and now boasts the award winning Frisco Triathlon. Frisco also hosts everything from the longest running Nordic event in Colorado to the newly minted BrewSki which involves costumes, skiing and New Belgium beer.
- Children’s “no school”, summer and athletic camps are also an important focus of the Frisco’s recreational offerings. All of these children’s programs provide experienced camp counselors, low child to counselor ratios and access to the great recreational amenities provided by the Town of Frisco.