Liquor, Tobacco, and Marijuana Licensing
Applications for a liquor license must be made on forms provided by the State of Colorado licensing authority and must be approved by both the local and state licensing authorities before a license is issued.
- A public hearing is required for all new liquor licenses and may not be scheduled less than 30 days after receipt of application by the local licensing authority.
- For more information, view the liquor license information document.
Tobacco Product Retailer Licensing
In September 2019, the Frisco Town Council passed Ordinance 19-15 establishing a tobacco sales licensing process in the Town of Frisco and moving the minimum age for purchase of tobacco products to 21 years starting January 1, 2020. The ordinance’s intent was to prohibit sales of tobacco products to youth, to encourage responsible tobacco product retailing and to reduce the impact of tobacco product use by young people in the Town of Frisco.
Any business selling the following must apply for a Tobacco Product Retailer License in the Town of Frisco by January 1, 2020. License applications will be available on December 1, 2019 on this page.
Tobacco Product means and includes cigarettes, electronic smoking devices and:
- Any other product that contains tobacco, nicotine, or synthetic nicotine products or that is made or derived from tobacco, and that is intended or expected to be ingested, smoked, inhaled, placed in oral or nasal cavities, or applied to the skin of an individual, including but not limited to chewing tobacco and snuff; the term also includes any component, accessory, part or paraphernalia, whether or not sold separately, used in the consumption of a tobacco product, such as filters, rolling papers, pipes or liquid used in an electronic smoking device; or
- Any device that can be used to deliver tobacco or nicotine to the person inhaling from the device, including an electronic cigarette, cigar, cigarillo, or pipe.
Refer to Ordinance 19-15 for more detailed information regarding these regulations. Complete the application by clicking on the button below.
Marijuana Product Retailer Licensing
Medical or recreational marijuana businesses require Town of Frisco and State of Colorado licensing. Also, marijuana businesses may only be located in certain zones and must meet certain location requirments. No marijuana business shall be issued a license if, at the time of the initial application for such license, the proposed location is:
- Within 500 feet of any licensed child care facility;
- Within 500 feet of any educational institution or school, either public or private;
- Within 500 feet of any halfway house or correctional facility;
- Within 700 feet of another medical marijuana business or retail marijuana establishment;
- Within 500 feet of a residential dwelling unit;
- Within any residential zoning district, or the Central Core Zoning District, or the Mixed-Use Zoning
- District along East or West Main Street;
- Within any building containing a dwelling unit, a pediatrician’s office, or any hotel, motel, condominium hotel, boarding facility, lodging facility, or rooming facility; or
- Within a single development project that contains another medical marijuana business or a retail marijuana establishment.
Please reach to the contact on this page for more information regarding marijuana product retailer licensing.