Building Permit Applications
Town of Frisco Permits Required for the Following Construction Types
- New building construction
- Additions, alterations, and repairs to existing buildings (including re-roofing a structure, replacing window or door units, and re-siding a commercial or multi-family structure)
- Repairs, alterations, removal, or replacement of any electrical, fuel-gas, mechanical, or plumbing system
- Change in use or occupancy of existing buildings
- Moving existing buildings
- Demolition of buildings
Please note that a Planning application may also be required. Please access the Planning Department’s applications page for additional information.
- Building permit applications may be submitted online through Community Core, and require at least a partial payment of the plan review fee at the time of submission. Please reference the Building Permit Submittal Requirements for all of the required supporting documentation. Only complete applications will be accepted.
- Electrical permit applications, permits, and inspections for the Town of Frisco are handled by the Summit County Building Department, please access the following link, Summit County Building Department for additional information.
- Plumbing and mechanical permit applications can usually be applied for concurrently with the building permit and we can usually accept credit cards for these types of applications (some restrictions may apply). Please note that only state-licensed plumbers may be issued a plumbing permit for projects under the IBC.
- Rapid Review joint applications (minor projects as listed below) are submitted online through the Town of Frisco’s online permit software, CommunityCore, and can be paid for with a credit card and every effort is made to turn the permit around within 72 business hours. Effective November 1, 2020, applications are no longer accepted via email. If you need a logon to CommunityCore, please email and you will receive a link to set-up your logon. Please see the Community Development Application Submittal page for more online application information.
- Effective November 1, 2020 Rapid Review Joint Applications will only be accepted online through CommunityCore – for any Window/Door Replacements, Water Heaters (replacements or new), Furnace & Boiler Replacements, Fireplaces, Re-roofs, & Hot Tubs. Please note that these projects are usually reviewed as a Rapid Review, and once a complete application is submitted, every effort will be made to the turn the permit around within 72 business hours- Rapid Review Joint Submittal Online Requirements 2021. If you need a logon to CommunityCore, please email and you will receive a link to set-up your logon.
- Building Permit Submittal Requirements (effective January 1, 2021 will only be accepted online through CommunityCore, )
- Community Development Department – Transmittal Form
- Fee Schedule
- Construction Management Plan and Standards
- CDPHE Asbestos Demolition Flyer
- Summit Combined Housing Authority Development Impact Fee
Photovoltaic-DC (Solar) Applications
Photovoltaic-DC (solar) applications for the Town of Frisco are handled by Summit County, and application forms can be found at the link below.
- Summit County Building Permits – The Town of Frisco reduced the cost and consolidated its permitting process for solar projects. Collaborating with Summit County and Summit Fire & EMS, we have created a one-stop shopping approach to the process by having the applicant bring all permit materials to Summit County. No longer does an applicant need to bring application materials to the Town, Summit Fire, and Summit County for separate permits and pay separate fees. Summit County will now receive the permit application, take in the fee (a maximum total permit fee of $500) and refer the permit to Summit Fire and the Town for approval, issue the permit, and perform the inspections.