Special Event Permitting
The Town of Frisco hosts 100+ events per year and strives to make the special event permitting process as easy as possible. The Marketing and Events Department administers special event permit applications for outdoor events on Town of Frisco property. Any special events on private property are handled through the Community Development Department.
How We Can Help
Here are some suggestions for 3rd party event organizers who want to use Town of Frisco property:
- Set up a meeting with the Town to discuss your event ideas and concept before submitting a special event permit application. We suggest that these discussions happen 6 months to 1 year prior to the proposed event depending on the scope and size of the event. We are here to help, and we bring 25+ years of combined event experience to the table.
- Consider the timing of your event as it relates to the Town’s existing event calendar and the greater Summit County event calendar.
- Closing Main Street for an event requires the permission of the Frisco Town Council and the support of the community so understand that this will be a big ask and will require a lot of work and planning. Usually each year’s Main Street closures are considered by Town Council in January of that year, but that doesn’t mean we can’t make this request at other times in the year.
- Frisco is fortunate to be surrounded by public lands on 3 sides and Dillon Reservoir on the other side with Summit County owned recreation paths running around Frisco. This means that Denver Water, the United States Forest Service and Summit County may be involved in any event requests. The Colorado Department of Transportation may also need to be consulted as Highway 9 is in their jurisdiction. We can help you figure out what is what and who to contact.
- If you find yourself filling out a Town of Frisco special event permit application and you are unsure of how to complete the application, give us a call or set up a meeting. It is much easier for us to evaluate a completed application.