There Will NOT be Paid Parking on Frisco Main Street
In response to today’s Summit Daily article, which wrongly stated that there will be paid parking on Main Street in Frisco:
Council approved a three-year contract with Interstate Parking Company to manage paid parking at the Frisco Bay Marina during the Marina’s busiest part of the season and to enforce existing three-hour time limits on free parking on Main Street.
Main Street (No Paid Parking):
The three-hour time limit on Main Street was implemented in 2019, but has not been consistently enforced due to challenges in hiring and retaining Community Service Officers. The third-party enforcement, to begin on June 10, 2022, is for the three-hour time limit on parking only. There have been no discussions or plans to implement paid parking on Main Street.
- Interstate Parking Company will begin enforcing the three-hour time limit on Main Street parking starting on June 10, 2022.There is no time limit on side avenue parking. Yet, as parking is not allowed on Town streets from 2:00 am to 6:00 am, overnight parking is still only allowed in three lots in Frisco.
- There will be enforcement of the three-hour time limit on Main Street parking year round with the exception of April and October when enforcement of the three-hour parking time limit on Main Street will be suspended.
The Marina (New Paid Parking):
During discussions at the April 12 and April 26, 2022 meetings, where Council heard extensive public comment on the Marina paid parking proposal, Council reaffirmed their intention to implement paid parking at the Marina as a means to promote turnover of spaces; encourage the use of public transportation, bikes, and walking; and to encourage those who are not primarily using Marina parking to access the Marina to park in other areas of town.
- The Marina lots will have paid parking in all lots starting on June 10, 2022.
- An unlimited amount of $99 Marina summer season parking passes will be available for sale from June 1 through June 30, 2022 at ParkFrisco.com (website to go live by June 1, 2022).
- Overnight parking will be available to boaters via this permit system.
- Parking rates:
- First 30 minutes free
- Monday to Thursday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm – $.75/half hour with a $10.00 maximum
- Friday through Sunday and holidays – $.75/ half hour for the first 3 hours, $2.50 a half hour thereafter to a maximum of $15.00
We hope that this clarifies any misunderstanding and misinformation as a result of the incorrect Summit Daily article. The Town of Frisco has requested that the Summit Daily correct the article and accompanying headline.