The Frisco Public Works Department and third-party contractors will be working on road striping on Granite Street and crack sealing along Main Street. New thermoplastic crosswalk signs and bicycle sharrows will also be applied to the road during crack sealing along Main Street. These projects will all have an impact on traffic, and these operations and related closures will be signed several days prior. Residents are being asked to plan ahead, as these crews perform the necessary work, and the Town of Frisco thanks all residents and visitors for their patience while this vital street work is completed.
Granite Street Striping
Frisco Public Works and Mountain Striping will be adding road striping to Granite Street on Tuesday, August 22, 2023. Striping involves adding pavement markings to convey messages to road users such as lane direction, crosswalks, stop lines, and more.
Timing and Affected Areas
Striping will take place on Tuesday, August 22 and is expected to be completed within in the same day.
- North and south sides of Granite Street will receive a 1-foot shoulder;
- Madison Avenue from Main Street to Granite Street will receive a double yellow line down the center;
- And Granite Street from Madison Avenue to 1st Avenue will receive a double yellow line down the center.
- Traffic control will be in place along Granite Street with flagging operations. No lane closures are expected.
- Weather and general conditions will determine the schedule, which is why striping operations will be signed on specific streets prior to the work being performed. Motorists in those areas are urged to look for those signed notifications.
Main Street Road Work
Crack seal, a process of placing adhesive sealant into the cracks on the pavement surface to prevent moisture or other materials from entering the pavement and causing more damage will take place on Main Street starting on Monday, August 28 through Wednesday, August 30, 2023. Two blocks of Main Street will be closed at a time to perform crack sealing and install new thermoplastic crosswalk signage and bicycle sharrows.
Timing and Affected Areas
Crack seal will take place starting Monday, August 28 through Wednesday, August 30, with road closures expected.
- Main Street from 7th Ave to 1st Avenue
- Madison Avenue
- August 28: Closing Main Street from 7th Avenue to 5th Avenue
- August 29: Closing Main Street from 5th Avenue to 3rd Avenue
- August 30: Closing Main Street from 3rd Avenue to Madison Avenue
- Weather and general conditions will determine the schedule, which is why crack seal operations will be signed on specific streets prior to the work being performed. Motorists in those areas are urged to look for those signed notifications.
Any questions related to striping, crack sealing, street signage, and construction projects may be directed to Town of Frisco Streets Department Supervisor, Landon Sengelman, at LandonS@TownOfFrisco.com or by calling the main Public Works line at 970-668-0836.