On May 19, 2021, Governor Jared Polis signed an Executive Order creating a new monetary incentive program to support unemployed Coloradans as they return to work full time, and consequently provide businesses with another tool to aid in their economic recovery as the focus shifts to rebuilding the workforce.
Under the Colorado Jumpstart incentive program, Colorado unemployment claimants who return to work full time between May 16 and May 29, 2021 and maintain full time employment for at least eight weeks are eligible for an incentive payment of $1,600.
How It Works
- Eligible claimants who report returning to work full time on their weekly certification with MyUI+ will be able to opt into the Colorado Jumpstart program, at which point their unemployment claim will be inactivated.
- If an employee reopens their unemployment claim within eight weeks after opting into the Colorado Jumpstart program, they will forfeit any remaining unpaid incentive payments.
- Employees can expect to receive their incentive payments during July and August of 2021 in two installments – the first installment after approximately four weeks of full time employment, and the second installment after approximately eight weeks.
- Colorado Jumpstart payments are taxable, and will be taxed at the percentage the claimant has previously selected.
- The option to opt in to the Colorado Jumpstart program is only available to eligible claimants within the online MyUI+ system. Those certifying by phone using CUBLine will not have this option. Those who do not have internet access to opt in using MyUI+ but would like to participate in Colorado Jumpstart, must contact us at 303-536-5615, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- To be eligible for an incentive, Colorado’s unemployed workers must have received at least one week of unemployment benefits of $25 or more between March 28, 2021 and May 16, 2021 and have verified their identities via ID.me.
- Colorado unemployment claimants who return to work full time between May 16 and May 29, 2021 will receive an incentive of $1,600
- Those who return to work full time between May 30 and June 26, 2021 will receive an incentive of $1,200.
- Claimants receiving Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) benefits, as well as workshare claimants and out-of-state claimants, are not eligible to receive the Colorado Jumpstart incentive, regardless of any other qualifying criteria.
- Newly employed workers must maintain full time employment for at least eight weeks to receive the full incentive.
For more information please visit ColoradoUI.gov.Colorado Jumpstart Factsheet