The current Level Red COVID-19 restrictions in Summit County have adversely impacted the financial stability of many individuals in the community across many industries. Through a partnership with Summit County Government, local Town Governments, and the Family Resource Center (FIRC), FIRC has launched a Winter 2020/2021 Rental Relief Program and is now accepting applications.
Applicants who live and/or work in Summit County can go to www.summitfirc.org to complete an online application for rental assistance in English or Spanish. Landlords will also need to complete an application and will be notified when their tenant has applied.
- To be considered for rental assistance funding, you must live or work in Summit County, Colorado and have been affected by COVID to apply – No exceptions.
- FIRC’s temporary Rental Relief Program is applicable for December 2020 and/or January 2021 rent.
- Please do not call the FIRC main telephone number as they are not assisting with the temporary rental relief application and will not be able to answer questions or give updates on your application or status. All questions will be referred back to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will need the following documents and information to successfully submit your online application:
- Incomplete applications missing the below items will not be submitted or reviewed.
- Photo I.D.
- Proof of income (paystub, letter from employer, profit & loss statement, etc.)
- Rental Agreement (first and last page)
- Landlord name, phone number and email address
If you have a question or barrier to completing the application, please send an email to email@example.com .
Those needing more support such as utility assistance, health insurance, or SNAP, or those who may struggle with an online application may call 970-262-3888 for a virtual appointment with staff.
Please note that we will be updating our COVID-19 Strategic Economic Response page as more information becomes available regarding additional resources and assistance opportunities for both individuals and businesses.