The Town of Frisco is seeking Town of Frisco residents who are interested in serving the community as a Planning Commissioner. The Frisco Planning Commission is a seven-member board appointed by the Frisco Town Council. Due to the upcoming departure of Planning Commissioner Robert Franken who is moving away from Summit County, there is one vacancy on the Frisco Planning Commission. This Planning Commissioner term will be through April 2024, as this is the end of Franken’s term.
Planning Commissioners review development applications, are involved in long-range planning, and make land use recommendations to the Frisco Town Council. The Planning Commission also has broad approval authority on commercial and multi-family development projects within Frisco.
Requirements and How to Apply
• Commissioners must reside within the Town of Frisco.
• Meetings are held on the first and third Thursdays of each month at 5:00 pm, and candidates should be prepared to attend these meetings. Meetings will not be held if there are no agenda items.
• Candidate applications may be found on the Planning Commission webpage. Candidates may also pick-up an application at Frisco Town Hall by appointment. Please email Cheryl Mattka, permit technician, at CherylM@townoffrisco.com or call 970-668-2576.
• Candidate applications must be submitted by 5:00pm on Friday, April 7, 2023.
- In person drop off: Frisco Town Hall front desk, 1 East Main Street, Frisco, CO 80443
- Mail submittal must be received by Friday, April 7, 2023: Town of Frisco Community Development Department, PO Box 4100, Frisco, CO 80443
- Via email: Cheryl Mattka at CherylM@townoffrisco.com