On March 22, 2023, the Town of Frisco released a request for proposals (RFP) to develop a park design for an improved and updated Triangle Park and to determine what the community supports as the future use of the park. Triangle Park is located on the northwest corner of Frisco Main Street and Summit Boulevard and is approximately 1.5 acres in size.
In 2021, a major CDOT project known as the Gap Project impacted the site by adding an approximately 6,000 square foot piece of land to the park. This has provided an opportunity to improve and enhance the park’s features and extend the vitality of Main Street to Summit Boulevard. The overall goal is to create a more functional park that better utilizes the space available. In order to do this, the Town is seeking a complete design concept for an improved Triangle Park along with an estimate of probable cost.
The Town of Frisco has prioritized vibrant recreation as a guiding principle in the Frisco Community Plan, which was developed with significant community input. As the Town continues to strengthen and diversify the recreation amenities throughout the Town, this includes maintaining and upgrading existing park facilities, such as Triangle Park, to achieve a high level of quality, safety, aesthetic appeal, and function. Triangle Park is particularly significant as it acts as a gateway into the community, due to its location and the prominent “Frisco” entrance sign located in this park. It is also a primary pass through area for people walking between Main Street and Summit Boulevard.
Project Scope and Goals
The scope of work, as described in the RFP, will include at minimum:
• Project management – The consultant will be responsible for the development and facilitation of the project schedule, and coordination of all activities, tasks, meetings, and deliverables with the Town’s designated project manager.
• Public Process – The consultant will be responsible for developing and managing a public input process.
The goals, as described in the RFP, will include at minimum:
• Park Design Concept Development – Development of conceptual design layouts for Triangle Park based on best usage of space and community input.
• Development of Concept into Design Drawings – Suitable for communicating design details and generating estimates of probable cost.
• Cost Estimate – Estimate of probable costs for design development and estimated costs of project completion.
Timeline and Submittal Information
There is a virtual meeting for all interested parties on Wednesday, March 29, 2023, and proposals are due on Wednesday, April 26, 2023. The full RFP, which includes more scope, goal, and submittal details, is available at FriscoRFP.com.