Per Town code, the Town of Frisco requires any person operating and maintaining any business within the town, including the delivery of goods within the town, which are purchased or contracted for outside the corporate limits of the Town, to obtain an annual business license. To learn more about business licensing in Frisco, it is suggested that you review the relevant licensing section of the Town Code.
Businesses must renew their license annually. Both new and renewal businesses must provide proper proof of premise and copies of any specialty license or certification.
Business License Application
The annual fee for a business license is $75.00. All businesses are licensed on a January through December schedule, and therefore, businesses obtaining a license in the middle of the year will have their fee pro-rated. Filling out and submitting this form provides the Town of Frisco with necessary information regarding business activity in the town. Application fees are non-refundable.
Business License Application (not for STRs)
Short Term Rental License Renewal Available Now (April 1-30, 2021)
Short Term Rental Renewal Portal
- STR license renewal period occurs annually from April 1- April 30 and the fee is $125.00.
- Per the STR Ordinance, all STR licenses are set to expire on April 30, 2021 and is not based upon when you applied or were approved.
- New during the 2021 renewal cycle, each STR Licensee will be required to upload a legible and complete statement showing rental activity including gross revenue and number of nightly stays; this is required for each of the Hosting Platforms you have used to generate bookings over the last twelve (12) months. If you started your STR business within the last year and don’t have 12 months of rental activity, please upload rental activity for the numbers of months you do have.
- You can obtain this evidence for the major platforms such as VRBO, AirBnB, and Flipkey or your Property Management Company.
- Example Statement of Rental Activity
- STR Support Staff will use this documentation to review and compare to the payments remitted on each STR License to ensure tax remittance compliancy.
- To ease the renewal process, please make sure to be current on your tax filings. The 2% Frisco Sales Tax and the 2.35% Frisco Lodging Tax (4.35% total) should be remitted directly to the Town of Frisco through the online Host Compliance portal and are due by the 20th of every month.
- Changes cannot be made to the STR Registration during the renewal cycle. It is the duty of each short-term rental property licensee to ensure all information provided is kept up to date at all times, and it shall be unlawful for a licensee to fail to provide updated information to the Town within ten (10) days after the date upon which the information provided no longer accurate. You must email STR Support staff to request changes to your STR license.
- If you do not renew by the deadline, there is a 10-day grace period to renew, and then your STR license becomes “Expired”. You must reapply for a new STR license at that time if you wish to short-term rent.
Tobacco Product Retailer License Application
In September 2019, the Frisco Town Council passed Ordinance 19-15 establishing a tobacco sales licensing process in the Town of Frisco and moving the minimum age for purchase of tobacco products to 21 years starting January 1, 2020. The ordinance’s intent was to prohibit sales of tobacco products to youth, to encourage responsible tobacco product retailing and to reduce the impact of tobacco product use by young people in the Town of Frisco.
Any business selling the following must apply for a Tobacco Product Retailer License in the Town of Frisco by January 1, 2020. License applications will be available on December 1, 2019 on this page.
Tobacco Product means and includes cigarettes, electronic smoking devices and:
- Any other product that contains tobacco, nicotine, or synthetic nicotine products or that is made or derived from tobacco, and that is intended or expected to be ingested, smoked, inhaled, placed in oral or nasal cavities, or applied to the skin of an individual, including but not limited to chewing tobacco and snuff; the term also includes any component, accessory, part or paraphernalia, whether or not sold separately, used in the consumption of a tobacco product, such as filters, rolling papers, pipes or liquid used in an electronic smoking device; or
- Any device that can be used to deliver tobacco or nicotine to the person inhaling from the device, including an electronic cigarette, cigar, cigarillo, or pipe.
Refer to Ordinance 19-15 for more detailed information regarding these regulations. Complete the application by clicking on the button below.
Complete Tobacco License Application Online
Business License Renewal
Business licenses must be renewed annually. Download a Business License Renewal Form or pay your renewal online at XpressBillPay.com.
Instructions for using Xpress Bill Pay to Pay your License Renewal
- Click on “Create a free account.” If you’ve already signed up with Xpress Bill Pay and have an account, you can log in with your email address and password rather than creating another account.
- Follow the instructions on the screen once you’ve clicked “Create a free account”. You will need a valid email address to create an account. Once you’ve submitted your information, you will receive a default password by email.
- Then log into XpressBillPay.com using your email address and default password, which was provided via email.
- The “Add e-Bills” page will appear. Follow the instructions on the screen to add Town of Frisco to your Xpress Bill Pay account.
Once you’ve created an account, you’ll be able to go online at any time to view and pay your bills.
Temporary Business License Application
Non-permanent businesses planning to do business within town limits can obtain a temporary business license. The fee is $25 per day.
Download Temporary Business License Application
Before relocation, please contact the Community Development Department 970-668-5276 to ensure your business is allowed to operate in the new location.
Applications for a liquor license must be made on forms provided by the state licensing authority and must be approved by both the local and state licensing authorities before a license is issued. A public hearing is required for all new liquor licenses and may not be scheduled less than 30 days after receipt of application by the local licensing authority. For complete details, view our liquor license information document.
Trade Name Registration/Sales Tax Registration
For information regarding trade name registration or sales tax registration, please refer to the State of Colorado’s website.