The State of Colorado’s “5 Star” Certified Business Variance Program allows businesses to expand operations by implementing safety measures beyond what is already required by public health orders and guidelines to help slow the spread of COVID-19. This program is designed for responsible businesses that are following public health guidance, and going above and beyond to prioritize the health and safety of their staff and customers.
The Summit County 5 Star Certification Program will allow restaurants that achieve the certification to open indoor dining at a capacity of 25%, limiting seating at individual tables to one household. Bars that operate like a restaurant will also be eligible. If the program is successful, and COVID-19 case numbers continue to decline, more business sectors will be eligible.
Frisco “5 Star” Update Virtual Meeting
Please join us at the Town of Frisco virtual business meeting on Friday, December 18 at 9:00am when we will give an overview and have a question and answer session regarding Summit County “5 Star” program.
Application Deadline and Certification Timeline
- Businesses are encouraged to apply by 10:00am on Friday, December 18, to ensure that site inspections can be completed and certifications can be issued by Monday, December 21. For those that meet this deadline, inspections will be scheduled for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, December 18-20, 2020. For those who apply after the Friday deadline, we will make our best effort to review your application and schedule an inspection prior to Monday, December 21.
- The application and inspection process is a proactive advance measure. The State of Colorado has NOT yet issued approval of this program for our community. We anticipate that the State will make a decision on Summit County’s “5 Star” variance application by Monday, December 21.
- We are initiating this advance application and inspection process prior to State approval so that locally certified restaurants will be able to open immediately upon State approval of the local program.
- If the State approves the County’s variance request, it is possible that 5 Star Certified restaurants could open for indoor dining at 25% occupancy as soon as allowed.
- View more information on the State of Colorado 5 Star Program Parameters.
How to Apply
- The “5 Star” application is available at the Summit County website, but will need to be submitted to the Town where your business is located.
- If your business is located in Frisco, please email your application and/or your questions to TOFinfo@townoffrisco.com.
- Once the Town of Frisco receives your completed application, we will call and/or email you to schedule an inspection, which should take about 30 minutes. Please do not call to schedule an appointment; we will work late and early to make appointments and accomodate your schedules throughout the weekend.
- Each municipality and Summit County (for unincorporated Summit County) are managing applications and inspections for the businesses in their jurisdictions, in order to make this process more efficient and position businesses to open as soon as is allowed.
- We have 15+ Town of Frisco staff who will be training as inspectors this afternoon, and who will be working through the weekend to inspect businesses. We understand how important this is, and we are committed to providing the resources to support businesses.
Please email your completed application to TOFinfo@townoffrisco.com if your business is located in Frisco. Please do not call to schedule an inspection, as we will call and/or email you to schedule an inspection.
Need More Info?
More information available by reaching to Summit County at 970-668-9730 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The list of certified Frisco restaurants will be updated regularly. Please check restaurant websites or call to see if these businesses have already opened for in person dining, and remember that there are Frisco restaurants that are still applying for this program or that have decided to focus their talents on take-out food options.Frisco 5 Star Certified Restaurants