The Dillon Ranger District has a prohibition on backcountry campfires.
- Campfires are not allowed in undeveloped areas located in the Dillon Ranger District.
- Fires are allowed in designated metal fire rings in developed campgrounds.
- Campfires also are allowed with a valid permit on private property, as long as the fire is contained within a commercially manufactured outdoor fireplace or chiminea that has an ember screen, or in a fire pit that has an ember screen.
- Residents of the Summit Fire & EMS response area (Copper, Dillon, Frisco, Keystone, Montezuma, Summit Cove, Silverthorne, Wildernest/Mesa Cortina and the lower Blue Valley) may apply for a permit from Summit Fire & EMS.
- Residents of the Red, White & Blue Fire Protection District, which includes all areas south of Farmer’s Korner, including Breckenridge and Blue River may apply for a permit with Red, White & Blue Fire.