The Frisco Bay Marina has traditionally opened for Memorial Day weekend, and this year is not an exception in that regard. Yet, there will be changes at the Marina this year to protect the health of employees and customers alike.
Physical Distancing and Health Protocols
Everyone will need to follow physical distancing and health protocols, which include individuals staying at least six (6) feet from people not in their immediate household, always wearing face coverings while inside of Marina public buildings, wearing face coverings outside when not able to maintain a six (6) foot distance from others, staying home if they are sick, and washing or sanitizing hands frequently, especially after contact with high touch surfaces. The Frisco Bay Marina office is currently open from 9:00am – 5:00pm, seven days a week, and it is recommended that guests check FriscoBayMarina.com or call 970-668-4334 for protocols and current conditions before visiting the Marina.
The Frisco Bay Marina boat ramp will open on Friday, May 22 at 9:00am (closure at 5:00pm) with the following guidelines, which follow those established by Colorado Parks and Wildlife:
- All boat owners must have a current State of Colorado boat registration, which includes an Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS) stamp.
- Boats must be clean, drained, and dry.
- All boats will be subject to an aquatic nuisance inspection.
- Boat owners must remain in their vehicles with their windows up throughout the boat inspection process, or wear face coverings and maintain a distance of six (6) feet from others if they need to exit their vehicle.
Powerboat and Paddle Sport Rentals
- Rentals will be available by reservation only; no walk-ins.
- Only one person from each party will be allowed into the Marina office at a time, and they must wear a face covering.
- All guests will be asked if they are experiencing any symptoms, and hand sanitizer will be made available to all guests.
- All power boat group size maximums, which are currently 10 people maximum, will follow group size regulations in accordance with Public Health Orders.
- Power boats and all paddle sport equipment will be thoroughly wiped down between each rental by Marina staff with disinfecting cleaner.
- All used personal flotation devises (PFDs) will be disinfected between each rental.
- There will be staggered rental start times between each group to allow minimal group interactions in the Marina office and on the docks.
Frisco Bay Marina Beach
In 2019, the beach at the Frisco Bay Marina was expanded from 50 feet in length to 400 feet in length and proved to be extremely popular. The beach will be open this weekend but will close immediately if overcrowding occurs and guests cannot maintain six feet of distance from others not in their immediate household.
Also, all dogs must be on leash when at the Marina, including on the beach.
The Island Grill has a tentative May 30 opening for carry out service only.
Water Taxi and Playground
The water taxi and Marina playground will not open this weekend and will only open once allowed under Public Health Orders.
We Need Your Help
“We worked in partnership with the Dillon Marina and Summit Public Health to put in place protocols intended to keep our employees and guests healthy. We will do our part, and now the public needs to do their part by abiding by physical distancing and health protocols,” stated Marina Manager Tom Hogeman.
“If you see that the beach is crowded, and hence, you can’t maintain six feet of distance from others, then turn around, and find something else fun to do. You will need to make reservations for rentals, wear a face covering when you are in our offices or when you can’t maintain six feet of distance outside, and stay at home if you are sick. I would like Frisco to be the shining example of what can happen when folks work together to protect the health of the whole community by taking commonsense steps. If we do that, then we can keep the beach and the Marina open for a summer of recreation on the water.”
The Frisco Bay Marina is a full service marina, which offers boat storage and expert repairs, as well as slip and mooring rentals, a rowing club, and a free boat launch ramp. The Recreation Path also runs through the Marina for easy access on foot or bike.